Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life I'm Living....

-Job Hunt continues. Front page of the LA TIMES read 496,000 jobs lost in June. Just graduated college and got an employee of the year award under by belt still couldn't get hired at a movie theater. It's summer so scripts won't be selling till september.

-Still got no bed...but 3 couches. We found two of them just sitting outside our apartment, the other one is on the balcony. The palm trees that blocked us in and kept us invisible from the street got cut down the other day, so I can sit and relax on while looking at the sky or "downtown" LA. If I'm feeling special I'll go up to the roof where I can see LA stretch on for miles in every direction. Tiny little orange and tan boxes filled with mostly orange and tan people(is that racist?). If I look north I see the Hollywood sign, it's right there everyday, haven't been here long enough for that to stop being cool. At night to the East someone puts on a fireworks show. They echo like gunshots which have also become a familiar sound.

-Working on scripts now. Building a bulk of work and preparing for the release. As much as I need a job. I want to finish these guys. Which brings me to my next point.
-Most (American) Movies Suck Now- I was going to rant about this here. But I think I'll rant about it in another post.
- Which brings me too- I'm proud of the work I'm doing right now.
- Friend who let us crash on his couch our first weeks in town has had a string of bad luck. All of a sudden he's crashing on our couch. *Note to Self* Nothing is permanent:be careful with your money* . Friend was good to us, now we good to him. We sat on the couches and split cash for food. When we could we'd 420 around some chinese food. Watching his movies and Rocky and Bullwinkle. Not going to lie, really good times. Had that bittersweet goodbye when he left. Sad because he's my friend and because we all know what his leaving signifies. That this place is unpredictable, and lawless, and that even living here a year doesn't mean that your set. If chance can decide that he needs to go home. Chance may decide that I have to go home. But I'm also happy that I have my place back to myself. That i can walk around in my pajama pants without shame.
-Graduating in 2009 will one day be a badge of honor or an excuse. It'll be "I graduated in 2009 and still I made something of myself" or "I graduated in 2009, I never had a chance". I don't think I'd be prone to say either of those things. But I do think it's something people will say.
- I'm maturing. At least I think I am.
-And I look fantastic.

3 comments:

JF said...

You always look fantastic.

jarchi said...

good to know you're alive.

jarchi said...

btw this is tone. jimmy would probably also be happy to hear you are alive, but he's currently on an important mission in World of Warcraft.